Thursday, October 17, 2013

Saints or Sinners?

Many years ago, went to my first Camp Meeting.  It was at Union College in Lincoln, Nebraska. I don't remember the speeches, the sermons, the people.  I do remember 2 songs..."Christ For Me" and "Jesus, There's something About That Name."  And I remember thinking "How wonderful it is to be among all these Saints.  I was a newly baptized Christian.
Twenty three years old, with a loving, kind, beautiful husband and a prescious 2 year old daughter.
I believed that I had joined a Church of  Saints.  My first surprise came at a Dorcas Meeting.  Here was all the saintly ladies.  One of the lady saints was. absent.  Listening to the conversation I soon discovered....the missing member was not a saint.These dear precious lady do gooders listed the missing saints faults, sins and shortcomings.  My first awakening.. 
  We are all sinners saved by the grace of our God.  These dear ladies, I learned to love them all and I still do.  Will be seeing them in Heaven.
   I look back over the years, I wonder how many people have I disappointed, with my remarks about someone?  Believe me, I make them.  Thinking how disappointed I was in my lady saints, speaking unkindly.  How much more has my Lord and Savior been sadden by my words, my actions, my thoughts. 
Lord Jesus, forgive me.  I don't deserve one drop of the precious blood you shed for me. And yet you suffered humilation, pain, separation from your Father...
     No, we don't deserve your love, your forgiveness, your loving kindnes to us.  And we expect you to answer our prayers.  To save us from Satan's attacks.

How great is the love the Father has lavished on us.., that we should be callled the children of God.  1st John. 3:1.

No comments:

Post a Comment