Saturday, December 1, 2012

Sabbath Day's Blessing

The air is so clear,the sun is so bright
The girls and I are enjoying a quiet Sabbath morning, soaking up the sunshine.

It has been a quiet week.  I am recuperating from a cold.  My niece, Vickie, in Omaha, said if she were here she'd make me some chicken noodle soup. (If it's like her mother's...so good.)  I wish she was, I wish she would, I'd gladly eat it.  Linda, my daughter has brought me juice, teas, cough drops. I think she emptied out the drug store.

I have a confession, I haven't really been sick.  Just a cold.  But it took all my energy.  I can sit and do nothing for hours at a time. So, the sunshine is truly a blessing.  So warm and comforting.

As I sit here and say my prayers, thank our good Lord.  I look up and see this cross in the sky. Well, of course, it's the exhaust of two airplanes.  But I can see what I like.


         Remember the Sabbath Day to keep it holy .   Exodus 20:8


No comments:

Post a Comment