Tuesday, February 19, 2013

There Will Be Days.....

Did you ever have one of those days....where you just couldn't get all your ducks in a row and have them standing?  You get the idea, that's how my day has been.

It started in the kitchen, I was putting the dishes in the dishwasher when the phone rang.  As I was answering it, I noticed my plants needed to be watered.  While I was giving them a drink, a friend stopped by.  We discussed the news, the neighbors, the pastors sermons, well you name it.  After she leaves I go back to the kitchen, my daughter calls.  Did I want to run to town with her? Well, yes. I hurriedly ran a comb through my hair, changed my shoes.  Linda was waiting.

We stop by the Post Office to mail a package, by the bank.  Then we did our shopping.  It was close to noon, so we decided to go for lunch.  We went to "Little Liu Ann's" Tea Shop.  I don't know who her baker is but she has the best pies.  Instead of lunch we decided on coconut cream pie and coffee.  As we left I bought some blueberry muffins to take home.  Linda bought a blueberry pie.

By the time we get home the afternoon is slipping by.  In the house, I still haven't put the dishes in the dishwasher. I vowed I would not answer the door until everything was in shape. 

3'oclock.  I had the dishes put up, the bed made, a load of clothes in the dryer.  Ran the sweeper in the living room, swept the kitchen floor.  Made a salad, put it in the fridge. Fed the girls, Emily & Sara.

By 5 0'clock I had my shower...checked the mail.  Decided I had time to catch up on Facebook and my emails..

All in all, it has been a good day.

If you are not the kind to let dirty dishes bother you. Well, they do me.  But it was still a good day.

Thank you, Lord.  

     
I will bless the Lord at all times: His praise shall continually be in my mouth.               Psalm 34:1

No comments:

Post a Comment