Sunday, February 10, 2013

What's On The Menu

I'm expecting company and I haven't decide what  to bake, fry...toss together.  But while I was looking for some ideas, I came across this recipe for cookies...I will cut it in half.  The lady says she asked for the recipe while eating at Neiman-Marcus.  The waitress said it would cost two fifty.  I said okay...put it on my bill.....Well, later she got the bill...the recipe was $250  not $2.50 as she thought.  Try as she could they would not refund her money.  Said she already had the recipe.  So being very angry....she is sharing the recipe with anyone that wants it. 

SHE SAID SEND IT TO EVERY PERSON YOU KNOW...This is really a terrific recipe.
I'll see for myself.....

Neiman-Marcus Cookies

2 cups butter
24 oz. chocolate chips
4 cups flout
2 cups brown sugar
2 tsp soda
1 tsp salt
2 cups sugar
1 8 oz. Hershey Bar (grated)
5 cups blended oatmeal
4 eggs
2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp vanilla
3 cups nuts..your choice

Measure oatmeal and blend in a blender to a fine powder.  Cream the butter and both sugars.    Add the eggs and vanilla , mix together with flour, oatmeal, salt, baking powder, and soda.  Add chocolate chips, Hershey Bar, and nuts.  Roll into balls and place 2 inches apart on a cookie sheet.
Bake for 10 minuites at 375 degrees.  Makes 112 cookies.

Make no claims for this...I'm just going to try it myself.


                 Love without ceasing,
                 Give without measure---
                 Who can exhaust
                 God's limitless treasure

No comments:

Post a Comment