Wednesday, January 2, 2013

After The Holidays

Christmas is over.  New Years is over.  We are 3 days into the New Year,   2013.  It did not treat us very well.  We are deep in snow...the temperature at night goes down to minus 26.  Last night it was minus 27, broke a record.  It doesn't warm up that much in the day...maybe 16 degrees...Oh well, good day to stay indoors and do a lot of things I have put off until I had time.  Now, I have the time.  I have been crocheting some head wraps and hats.  Knitted some neck wraps.. I'm  only a novice when it comes to doing a lot of this stuff.  I worked most of my life.  When I retired I decided to do all the crafty things I so admired of other women.  But I'm actually not that crafty.  Most of my attempts turn out looking just like what they are....crude.   But I'm not  going to give up.  Ist's all in the eye of the beholder....so I admire my own work.  Others look at my attempts and nod their heads and say "Umm huh".  Whatever that means.  Okay...now I shall display some ot my projects


Okay, so I need a little more practice.  What I need is a teacher.  This last little hat I made for JoJo my little great granddaughter.  Got to get busy.  Want to make some cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment