Monday, January 21, 2013

I Am Truly A Woman Blessed

57 years ago.....On January 21....I went to the hospital in Loveland, Colorado.  After I was admitted and assigned a room.  My Dr. came...told me yes it was time to deliver the baby we had been anxiously waiting for.  My nurse Ruth Mae also a friend....came and did all the preparations they do at this time.  My husband walked back and forth up and down the hall.....Then Dr. Brown took off his coat...and his shirt....I remember he was wearing suspenders...sat back in his chair and said, "Well, we'll just wait."   So...I waited, Russell paced the hall, Dr. Brown napped...Ruth Mae dropped in every time she got a chance....plus the custodian, the desk clerk...while I waited.   Then just before daylight, the next day, January 22....We were blessed with a beautiful precious boy.  That has been, a joy, a comfort and a gift from God that was such a blessing to Linda, his sister ..Russell his father and me.  Happy Birthday, Dana.  You are so loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment