Saturday, January 19, 2013

The Glory of God

We are still enjoying a winter wonderland....about a 2 month stretch.  This morning and most mornings the world is wrapped in a blanket of white...and it is so quiet...you can even imagine the sound of the little bunny
 hops.  It is my duty at about 5:30 A.M.  to get my carrots and deliver them to my little bunny group.  They are getting so they look forward to my visits...but I really don't want to get them too friendly....because they are little wild creatures...and it wouldn't be safe for them to accept  friendship with what could be their enemy.  So, I deliver their carrots and leave, quickly.
  I have had such a good and happy week.  Visited so many friends and had such a fun bunch of  my friends drop by....we have so much to talk about...and laugh about.  This is perfect weather to get together.  Come spring.....if spring ever comes.  We've all made such plans, we may not see each other until.....fall.....or the next snow fall.

Monday is to be the Inauguration of our President.  I am one of his well wishers.  He seems like a nice friendly, family, caring person.  I certainly wish him well.  To those who don't...how stupid.  Your country depends on him and a Congress that isn't ruled by hate, greed and self important.  In this life their are decisions made.....one side wins one side loses....Get over it.  Don't be such poor losers, with the creed "I got mine and I don't care about anyone else."  And you are supposed to be the Christians...That doesn't sound at all like my Jesus whom I spend a lot of time reading his word and on my knees...asking his guidance.  No, that doesn't sound like my Jesus.   But if some of these television evangelists are any example  (well they have taken Christ out) and put greed in his place.  We are put here on this earth...to love the Lord our God and  not in showplaces for ourselves.  I don't know how these pious preachers can sleep in their big comfortable beds at night knowing that their are people (and I mean children too.) sleeping...who knows where (I use the term sleeping,carefully)
hungry, in pain, scared....scantily dressed.  But no, don't you go out of your way, don't give them a thought....get your gain, your glory, whatever else....As you have asked before, "Am I my brother's keeper.     Well, I think I am.  God, forgive me, when I fail you. 

I'm not a bleeding heart that wants to give everything to everybody.  I don't want to drop a coin in every panhandlers outstretched hand.  But there are those that are unable, not unwilling, to earn their own way...but a child, an old person, a handicapped, you know who I mean.  But the ones that are able...even the Bible says:  2nd Thessalonians 3:10..For even when we were with you, we gave you this rule.  "If a man will not work, he shall not eat."





No comments:

Post a Comment