Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Choke Cherry....(continued part 2)

Next morning when we went by to take some "Ladies Home Journal magazines that Mama was sending to Jenny.  ""We went right into the dining room, curious to see how Grandma #1 and Alfred were hitting it off.
I'll be if right there instead of Grandma #1 and Alfred was a big pictures of flowers in a gold frame. 
The aunts said it looked cheap.  Even mama said, "Perhaps it is in bad taste.  But me, I thought it was beautiful.  It was one thing I was hoping grandpa would leave to me someday.

From that day on, Grandpa insisted that Jenny would set the table with nothing with the good china.
The family gathered again at Christmas.  Some of the dishes had a crack or two.   The aunts rolled their eyes and lookes at each other.  They had learned a valuable lesson, to keep their mouths shut and to lay off Jenny. 

No comments:

Post a Comment