Sunday, October 28, 2012

Big Decision....

This is the day the Lord has made.  I will rejoice and be glad in it.        Psalm 118:24

I will......enjoy the this day.  I have a head start on the daily routine.  Beds make, dishes in the dishwasher.  I straightened my freezer.  Now I can do what I choose.

I could bake cookies.  Have the recipe I want to use from an old neighbor of mine.  Sour Cream Cookies....then I thought, a nice chocolate frosting would really make them very bad,  but oh so good..

I could sew.  I have been making potholders.  My granddaughter is going to have a booth at their schools Christmas Bazaar.  She said she take some with her other projects.

I could read.  We went to the Library yesterday.  I got three books and one CD.  The Cd is by a Missionary in New Guinea.  If you want to laugh, his name is Otto Koening.  The book or should I say CD is "The Pineapple Story Series".  If you want something inspirational for a more spiritual life, maybe you should try elsewhere. Laughter is good, healthy.  But inspirational is better.  I want to do both, to laugh and to inspire.

Since I've gotten older, I don't have the freedom I once had.  To come and go ...freely.  My choices are limited.  So, I should sit down, bemoan the fact that life isn't the happy little world I want it to be.   I think not.  My life has been so good.  So filled with all the blessings God has given me.  My loving parents, my three sisters and a brother.  We lived through the depression, the 2nd World War.
I met my beautiful husband just after he came home from the war, where he was stationed in New Guinea.  His tour of duty was six years.  I was 20 years old.  We were married six weeks after we met.  Did it last?  Only 65 years (and counting) .
For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife........, and they shall become one flesh.   Genesis 2:24  And we were one.
Then God blessed us with two very precious children, one girl, one boy. 

To go back to my choice of the day...........Remember?   I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment