Saturday, October 27, 2012

Jesus Loves The Little Children

Such a beautiful day, here in the valley.  My girls are on the porch, barking at rabbits, neighbors, a falling leaf, a lone bird flying by.  They act so courageous.  If, I should open the gate and let them out, or maybe let in the big neighbor dog..you think they'd head for the door?  No, not them.  They would want to run and lick them, jumping all over them.  Because they don't know fear.  My girls have never known anything but love.

When you put your head on your pillow at night.  Do you ever think about the many children that are daily subjected to some form of violence.  Do you ever pray for these little ones?  Their little bodies, minds, spirits, pounded on, broken, abused.  True, there's not a lot we can do for these little ones, in these circumstances.  We don't know them.  We just know they are there.  We hear about them everyday on the news.  Has this violence always been there.  I don't know.  I suppose it has. But surely not so much.

My heart aches for these precious children.  I also grieve for the animals that are mistreated or hurt in anyway.  Yes,  you can call me a "bleeding heart" liberal.  I am.  What kind of person will hurt or harm another human being?  Or for that matter,  any of God's creatures?

Father, you have given us a beautiful world.  Everything we could want or imagine.  Maybe you have been too good to us. Even the very  poor can enjoy the beautiful sunrises, the sunsets.  The song of a bird.  The smell of a gentle rain.  A little flower that pushes itself to bloom among rocks.  The voice of a loved one.  The smile of a baby.  There are unlimited blessings, if we really realize them.  Yes, we all have handicaps.  We have poverty, we have the desire for power, money.  We have selfishness,  heartaches, loneliness, pain.  We think...."some people have it all."  All  I can say is "Count the blessings you do have."  Pray for others.  Thank our Heavenly Father that he is there.  He loves us "warts and all."  Sinners and Saints.  And, Father, I really do love you.


 
 
Let the little children come unto me, for as such is the kingdom of God.
Luke 18:17
 

No comments:

Post a Comment