Wednesday, October 31, 2012

The Ups & Downs of Today

Well, I made the Sour Cream Cookies.  Total disaster.  How could something with 1 cup of butter and 2 cups of sugar be bad.  I managed....Hard, tasteless...I'm never going to bake again.  From now on I going to rely on those little Keebler elves.  I don't want to bake anyway. 

I'll be glad when the election is over.  Who does all those phone calls?  And all that mail...I don't even look to see who sends it...just toss it.  Guess it does give the printers some work.  They called and ask me to go knocking on doors....I don't think so....I don't want someone bothering me..so I'll return the favor and let people make up their own minds, or not and vote or not.  Actually, I am a very political person...but that's personal.  You won't change my mind and I don't care who you vote for.

This October surprise as they are calling it.  What a terrible thing to live through.  God bless those that are going through this nightmare.  Is it global warming?  Whatever,  I think it is the worst thing I've ever seen outside of war.  Just remember them in your prayers.  Of course I'm talking about the hurricane that hit the east coast...especially New Jersey.  New York City....it's going to be a long winter for them....It is such a beautiful part of the country.

I can't believe it.  I found the shawl I'd been working on.  It is 3/4 finished...but I lost it last spring.
Today my daughter was looking in my husband's closet. And found it.  Way in the back, I can't imagine why it was there.  But now I'm so happy to have it back.  I ran out of yarn and it was hard to match.  My son in law was nice enough to pick me some up in Colorado Springs.   Then I lost it  So, now I hope I'm wearing a pretty new shawl at Christmas.  I'll have to get busy.

Time to get busy....Just thought I'd take time to chat a bit.   I want to thank my Lord and Savior for this good day.  Bless my family.  And Father, please bless those that suffered through that terrible Hurricane Sandy.  They have a long recovery, so they really are going to need your help.





No comments:

Post a Comment